Makes 8 servings
-4 tbsp of olive oil
-2 small yellow cooking onions (diced)
-5 cloves of garlic (minced; I like garlic so I added more)
-Pinch of cayenne pepper
-1 1/2 tbsp of cumin seeds
-5 tsp of ground cumin
-5 tsp of garam masala
-2 cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
-1 tsp of ginger
-lemon juice from half a lemon
-2 cans of diced tomatoes (with juice)
-Salt (to taste)
-1/2 cup of water
Heat the oil on medium and add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are soft.
Add the spices and lemon juice and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
Add the water, chickpeas and tomatoes and cook over low for 25 minutes.
Serve over rice or with naan
(Mine got cooked for too long and was a little bit dry, I did not add water)
Over 30 Pumpkin Spice Recipes!
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles / Lil Luna
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes / We Do Fun Here
- Pumpkin Spice Biscoff Cheesecake Pretzel Bites / Back for Seconds
- Pumpkin Spice Trifle / 52 Mantels
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Bundt Cake with Espresso Whipped Cream / Diethood
- Gooey Pumpkin Bars with Praline Topping / Call me PMC
- Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes / Couponing & Cooking
- Pumpkin Spice Latte / Diethood
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins / Walking on Sunshine
- Spiced Pumpkin Ale Bread / Frugal Foodie Mama
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake / Vegan Mother Hubbard
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Bars / Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Latte / Stockpiling Moms
- Pumpkin Spice Pie Dip / A Blossoming Life
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts / Frugal Coupon Living
- Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats / Comfort of Cooking
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cookie / Southern Color
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Roll Swirl Mugcake / Ripped Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Waffle Cups with Pumpkin Spice Crumb Topping / Thrifty and Chic Mom
- Pumpkin Pie Spiced Trail Mix / Nosh My Way
- Spiced Pumpkin Fudge / Easy Fudge Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Glazed Almonds / Delicious by Dre
- Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Cups / Ripped Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows / Treats and Trinkets
- Pumpkin Pie Spiced Roasted Pumpkin Seeds / Premeditated Leftovers
- Individual Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Cakes / Yummly
- Pumpkin Caramel Spice Cronuts / Foodness Gracious
- Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter Muffins / Hybrid Athlete
- Pumpkin Spice Popcorn / A Blossoming Life
- Spiced Pumpkin Mousse / The Daily Meal
- Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes / A Step in the Journey
- Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow / Gimme Some Oven
25 Hot Chocolate Recipes!
- Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate / Tatertots and Jello
- S’mores Hot Chocolate / Minimalist Baker
- Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate / The Recipe Critic
- Bourbon Spiked Hot Chocolate / Chasing Delicious
- Spiked Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate / Diethood
- Spicy Hot Chocolate Mocha / Diethood
- Kahlua Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate / Dine and Dish
- Mint White Hot Chocolate / Babble
- Nutella Hot Chocolate / KitchMe
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate / A Beautiful Mess
- White Chocolate Hot Cocoa / Lil Luna
- Mexican Hot Chocolate with Dulce de Leche Spiced Cream / Babble
- Coconut Tres Leches Hot Chocolate / Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- Crock Pot Hot Cocoa / Get Crocked
- Caramel Corn Hot Chocolate / Recipe Girl
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate / Ready Set Eat
- White Peppermint Hot Chocolate / Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate / Gimme Some Oven
- Rich Dutch Hot Chocolate / Pixi Wishes
- Lavender Hot Chocolate / Because I’m Addicted
- Mayan Hot Chocolate / Latinaish
- Butterscotch Hot Chocolate / The Hopeless Housewife
- Cinammon Orange Hot Chocolate / Joy the Baker
- Gingerbread Hot Chocolate / My Recipes
- Oreo Hot Chocolate / Sweet C’s Designs
Diabetic Friendly Fall Drinks + more!
These are wonderful drink recipes for those who are watching their weight/health in general, not just for those with diabetes. So don’t be afraid to try these fun delicious recipes this fall!
- Cinnamon Hot Chocolate- If you need a yummy hot cocoa…check out this hot chocolate that has a touch of cinnamon.
- Diet Creme de Cacao- This chocolate diet drink is both quick and delicious with only three ingredients.
- Diet Cinnamon Cocoa- A slightly different version of hot cocoa but with a tasty flavor for those chilly days.
- Sugar free Hot Cocoa- Sugar free and perfect for those rainy fall days.
- Spiced Vanilla Latte - Fall spices to brighten up fall evenings
- Pumpkin Spice Latte - Traditional flavors that stand the test of time
- Chocolate Chiller- A chocolate, homemade drink that is tasty but lite on calories.
- Chocolate Banana Shake-A healthy and delicious drink with bananas and chocolate cocoa for a refreshing flavor.
- Mocha Chiller- A taste of this appetizing, chocolate and coffee…cold beverage will have you going back for more.
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Milkshake- made with low sugar ice cream so why feel guilty?! :)
- Hazelnut Coffee Cake - Diabetic friendly cake perfect for fall and perfect for these fall drinks! (recipe includes diabetic friendly ingredient swaps)
***always consult with a doctor before trying out new health related recipes :)